University of Pretoria Counselling Psychologists Internship 2020
Department Of Student Affairs
Student Counselling Unit
The incumbents will be responsible for rendering counselling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness. This will include the development and identification of training and guidance programs to enhance the academic success of students/young adults.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic/counselling services to students/young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness;
- Group work and psychoeducation sessions for students/young adults;
- Career assessment, report writing and counselling;
- Development of training and therapeutic programs in view of the identified needs of students/young adults;
- Providing therapeutic services to a broader range of service users at other off-campus institutions as part of training;
- Mandatory supervision as part of training;
- Data analysing as part of research process.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Psychological intervention at a professional level;
- Short term and brief therapy techniques;
- A range of psychometric assessments;
- The Code of Ethics and Conduct for Psychologists (HPCSA);
- Ability to diagnose psychological problems and psychopathology within the Scope of Practice for Counselling psychologists;
- Liaise with external organisations in service delivery to students;
- Flexibility as service demands require;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Efficient planning, organising and prioritising skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail;
- Ethical insight and reliability;
- Ability to manage crisis interventions.
- Proven registration as a MA or MSc Counselling Psychology student at an accredited university/college;
- Registration as an Intern Psychologist with HPCSA;
- Completed course work as part of first year MA/MSc Counselling Psychology training;
- Successful practical work as part of first year MA/MSc Counselling Psychology training.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Or copy and paste this link: https://www.graduates24.com/Apply/2979
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp