Department of Defence: Entry level Finance Clerk
Department of Defence invites unemployed youth to apply for the following Government entry level positions.
Position: Finance Clerk
Job level: Grade 12 / Junior / Entry level SA Government Jobs
Salary: R173 703 per annum (Level 05)
Ref No: CFO 21/7/7
Centre: SA Air Force Budget Management Office, Pretoria
- Assist the Budget Manager Air Command and Finance Clerk Supervisor in executing all budgeting and budgeting control duties and responsibilities as specified in Treasury instruction and PFMA.
- Assist in identifying potential cost saving opportunities in order to limit fruitless/unnecessary expenditure.
- Assist in arranging Budget Control Committee (BCC) meetings.
- Assist in preparing a variety of financial/budgetary reports and statistics. Assist in preparing documents and software to be used by the Budget Manager Air Command.
- Maintain an effective internal filling system.
- Collecting/delivering budget related documentation from and to other directorates/sections.
- Assisting wrt general administrative functions at the Budget Management Office SA Air Force.
- Grade 12 certificate with finance/accounting related subjects
- Minimum of one year relevant experience.
Added advantage: Post Matric qualification in Finance related field.
- Computer literate (MS Office software package).
- Sound reasoning, mathematics and problem solving ability as well as being trustworthy, honest and loyal.
- Ability to effectively function as part of a team, receptive to workrelated suggestions/ideas.
- Decisive/ persevering iro task finalisation and able to effectively function under pressure.
- In possession of a valid RSA/Military driver's licence.
- Basic knowledge of Financial Policy and the PFMA.
- Basic knowledge of the budget process as well as the basic financial functions.
- Ability to understand and interpret basic financial policy.
- Basic knowledge of the finance environment
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Do you have a CV?
Create and Download a professional looking CV. It's as simple as entering your details. The system will use the details you entered to generate a professional looking CV which you can
Download and use. Get started.
Send this Job to a friend via WhatsApp
Share on WhatsApp